2. What Goes Around Comes Around… Two or three times as much money spent stays in the local economy when you buy goods and services from locally-owned businesses.
3. Community Sustainability… Local stores help sustain vibrant, compact and walkable town centres – which in turn are essential to reducing sprawl, vehicle use, habitat loss and pollution.
4. Keep Our Community Unique… One-of-a-kind businesses are an integral part of the distinctive character of London Landing/Steveston.
5. Create Collective Prosperity… Locally-owned businesses invest more in local labour, pay more local taxes, spend more time on community-based decisions and create local events. In doing so, they create more opportunity for all of us here in our community.
6. Local Owners Care About London Landing/Steveson… Local business owners live in and love Richmond. They are less likely to leave and are more invested in the future of our whole community.
7. Give Back and Take Care… Local business owners make more local purchases themselves. Locally-owned companies and employees are statistically more likely to give to local charities.
Thank you from all of us at Raintree for shopping local!